I very much enjoy speaking about mathematics. Below is a selection of outreach talks, colloquia, conference presentations, mini-courses, and seminar talks I have given.
Outreach and pedagogy
- 2022: 123Go! A Digital Analogue to Think-Pair-Share, University of Birmingham, UK.
- 2020: From JNU to UoB on a stack of books, Jinan-Birmingham Joint Institute, China.
- 2023: Restricted digit sets for generalised Lüroth expansions, University of Sheffield, UK.
- 2021: Expansions of real numbers, University of St Andrews, UK.
- 2020: Continuity of diffraction, The Open University, UK.
- 2017: Regularity of aperiodic subshifts, Durham University, UK.
- 2015: Differentials on fractals, California Polytechnic State University, USA.
- 2013: The α–Farey transfer operator, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, China.
- 2013: Dynamics of Lorenz maps, National University of Ireland Maynooth, Ireland.
Presentations at scientific meetings
- 2022: On numbers badly approximable by rationals in non-integer bases, Analysis, Probability, and Mathematical Physics on Fractals (conference), Cornell University, USA.
- 2017: A meander through the space of intermediate β–transformations, Fractal Geometry and Dynamics (research program), Institut Mittag–Leffler, Sweden.
- 2014: On the convergence to equilibrium in α–Farey systems, Dynamical Systems and Dimension Theory (workshop), Wöltingerode, Germany.
- 2014: Intermediate β–shifts of finite type, Fractals and Stochastics V (conference), Tabarz, Germany.
- 2013: The α–Farey transfer operator, AMS Western Fall Sectional Meeting, UC Riverside, USA.
- 2012: Dynamics of Lorenz maps, Skew Product Dynamical Systems and Multifractal Analysis (workshop), Luisenthal, Germany.
- 2012: Spectral metrics for Gibbs states, Ergodic Methods in Dynamics (conference), Banach Center, Będlewo, Poland.
- 2010: Multifractals and spectral triples, Fractals in Deterministic and Random Dynamics (workshop), IMPAN, Warsaw, Poland.
- 2018: Fractals as Martin boundaries, South China University of Technology, China.
- 2016: Aperiodic order and dynamical systems, Universität Bremen, Germany.
- 2016: An introduction to dimension theory, Fractal Geometry and Complex Dimensions (summer school), California Polytechnic State University, USA.
- 2010: Noncommutative geometry: infinitesimals, measurability and dimension, Fractals and Operators (winter school), Siegmundsburg, Germany.
- 2023: On β-shifts with a hole, University of Bristol, UK.
- 2022: Winning sets, Universiteit Leiden, Netherlands.
- 2020: Diffraction of return time measures, University of Oxford, UK.
- 2019: Complexity of aperiodic sequences, University of Warwick, UK.
- 2019: Continued fractions and β-expansions, Durham University, UK.
- 2019: A tail of two expansions, Loughborough University, UK.
- 2018: A classification of intermediate β–transformations, The Ohio State University, USA.
- 2018: A wander in the space of β-transformations, Durham University, UK.
- 2016: Aperiodic sequences and Jarnìk sets, Universität Jena, Germany.
- 2016: Quasicrystals, Jarník sets and spectral metrics, UC Riverside, USA.
- 2013: The α–Farey transfer operator, South China University of Technology, China.
- 2013: Dynamics of Lorenz maps, University College Dublin, Ireland.
- 2011: Spectral metrics for Gibbs states, University of Wollongong, Australia.
- 2011: Gibbs measures in noncommutative geometry, University of Manchester, UK.
- 2009: Fractals in noncommutative geometry, Imperial College London, UK.